I started CrossFit six months ago. Although I was getting stronger, toning up, and feeling good in the first 3-4 months, I wanted better results for my hard work and dedication, so I decided to participate in nutrition coaching.
When Brandon Garner gave me macros targets for training and non-training days that were higher than I expected and included a lot more fat (good fat) than I had ever imagined, I was pretty surprised. However, it was clear in our first meeting that his nutritional knowledge was vast and based on personal experience, so I trusted him to get me to my goal.
Although I figured that I could do the program for 8 weeks and hoped that I could continue to maintain on it, I wasn't prepared for how easy it was to make these nutritional changes. I hope it's not cliche, but I really do feel like it's a turning corner to a new lifestyle. This way of eating is completely sustainable.
My results from CrossFit combined with Nutritional Coaching are as follows:
- Being able to push myself harder during a WOD.
- Recovering more quickly after a WOD.
- Feeling like I was never on a diet.
- Dropping my cholesterol from 205 to 170.
- Reducing my resting heart rate from the mid 60s to the mid 50s. (Yay for conditioning)!
- Increasing my participation from 2-3 classes per week to 4-5. (My body adjusted to this style of workout which helped me to increase the frequency but having a nutritional goal made it stick).
- Losing 9 lbs, 3.2% body fat and a total of 9 inches in two months. (Overall I've lost 13 lbs and 15.75 inches since starting).
- Exceeding my first body fat goal in four weeks.
- Beating my second body fat goal by .2%
- Having a birthday and traveling didn't stop me from succeeding.
- PRing my Clean and Clean and Jerk in Oly Barbell Class by 40%. Thanks Anna Johns!
As I said to Brandon at our last meeting, this was the best money I ever spent and the most fun I've ever had getting to my goal.